Just curious as to what the advantages are of having libstdc++ separated
from gcc.  From what I recall on www.gnu.org, they said g++ 2.95.2 will
have libstdc++ integrated into gcc/g++ itself.  It seems to causing some
problems on FreeBSD, like my aforementioned post on compiling
kdesupport-current.  <Shrugs>.  I followed the instructions in UPDATING
and recompiling Qt, which uses g++ and hence libstdc++, but I still got
the errors.  (See my previous mail about libstdc++ and gcc that I made a
while back.)

I saw someone on here that had the same problem.  He said that the errors
went away when he forced static linking to libstdc++.a.  (He moved
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3 to a temp directory.)

So, why is libstdc++ separate?  If necessary, I can always compile gcc
2.95.2, and install that one in /usr/local as an "external" compiler.
But, I guess that would be redundant.

- Donn