On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 03:24:15PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On 10 Feb, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > If you want an interface that discards everthing, you can create
> > a netgraph interface ("ngctl mkpeer iface foo inet") and leave it
> > unconnected.
>
> Or just add "pseude-device disc" to your kernel.

I know, I tried adding disc0, and lo1.  But it seems that the *real*
problem with my named answering that he's not authoritative for his own
domains is elsewhere.

Thanks everyone for replying.  I have found in the mean time that disc0
can be used for an interface that discards packets, and that one can
have as many loopback interfaces as needed [although I suspect that one
would suffice most of the time].

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public PGP key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]