> Today The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > Up until this afternoon, when I lost an IDE drive, I've been using CVSup'd
> > sources and ports, so haven't fllowed the threads too closely dealing with
> > 4.0RC, so this is probably already known, but ...
> >
> > I just installed two 4.0RC systems this afternoon, and both were missing
> > the below files:
> >
> > atelier# ls libXT*
> > libXThrStub.so          libXThrStub.so.6
>
> The original Xbin.tgz, dated Jan 8, did not include that file.
> The Xbin.tgz currently on xfree86.org, dated Jan 10, does.

I just ran into this problem, too.

I did a test install of the ISO9660 CDROM image on a Sony Vaio C1X
laptop, and it seemed to work.  It's now possible to install over
a PCMCIA ethernet card, which is real important, as this puppy has
a USB floppy and a PCMCIA CDROM drive, neither of which seem to be
available from FreeBSD yet.

Now, if I can only find out where the camera is connected - I'm guessing
on the firewire controller, but that's just a guess.

louie