Under 3.3-RELEASE with PAO the sound card work with this entry in the
config file:

        device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0

Here is what the dmesg output looked like with that entry:

        pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
        ESS1879 (rev 11, native mode)

Now under current I have tried both of these entries to get sound
working to no avail.

        device         pcm0 at isa? port? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0

        device  pcm0 at isa? port? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Ron Rosson                      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                             rm -rf *
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            and all was /dev/null and *void()