> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Chris Timmons wrote:
>
> > I find that if I start /usr/sbin/sshd manually everything works as
> > expected.  When I allow it to start via the rc scripts, I get upon
> > connecting from my 1.2.27 ssh client
> >
> >     sshd[190]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

Chris answered himself with:

* Chris Timmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000225 15:02] wrote:

> It looks as though sshd is started prematurely (before ldconfig runs) in
> /etc/rc.  I made the problem disappear on my system by starting sshd
> around the time inetd is started.

I get the same problem and was going to just move sshd to "network_pass4"
but then considered that maybe is _should_ work in network_pass3 and
the solution is to fix something in the way sshd is compiled.

Can anyone working on the recent sshd black magic linkage stuff please
step up and explain?

Or shall i move it to network_pass4?

thanks,
-Alfred