Mike Smith writes:
> > My question is, should kvm_read() and friends be "enhanced" with
> > this ability to find a symbol by searching through the loaded
> > KLD modules? Seems a bit hackish, but then again so is the whole
> > kvm() idea.
>
> No; you should be using sysctl to get at the information.

Yes in *one particular application* using sysctl would be better..
but that's not the question.

The question is, should this bug in libkvm be fixed? Until and
unless someone is willing to convert every program that uses libkvm
to use sysctl or procfs or whatever, I think this is a fair question.

-Archie