>> Here too... pretty quickly after boot on a SMP machine (current as of Jan
>> 12) that pushes quite a bit of traffic, the following messages appear:
>> de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold to 96|256)
[..]

>     Three people getting these panics, three people with DEC ethernet
>     cards.  Random complaints about card during ifconfig: speaker goes click,
>     console gets junked, etc etc etc.

Actually, I haven't had the console of that SMP machine junked yet, but
that's because there is no console worth speaking of.  Previous reboot was
because processes like tail(1) only appeared to hang, unkillable except by
-9, and after attaching monitor and keyboard, upon pressing <Enter> at a
login: prompt the cursor would only advance a line once...

But that was a week ago, and it's a *busy* news server (that's not hitting
swap), I was just curious about the error messages from the de driver.

        -- Niels.