In article <19990124225936p.wghi...@wghicks.bellsouth.net>,
W Gerald Hicks  <wghi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> And if you have cvsup-mirror loaded (running cvsupd), you can even use
> cvsup against your local repository.
>
> Seems a good bit faster than regular CVS for checkouts and updates.

It is _much_ faster.  (I took some measurements a couple of years
ago.)  But you do lose the ability to do handy things like "cvs diff",
"cvs log", and "cvs ann".

John
--
  John Polstra                                               j...@polstra.com
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."