I was wondering what the naming scheme for files in /usr/src/sys/kern was
:).  There seem to be several sorts of files there--

bus_if.m                device_.m               imgact_*.c
inflate.c               init_*.c                kern_*.c
link_*.c                make*.{pl,sh}           md5c.c
subr_*.c                sys_*.c                 syscalls.*
sysv_*.c                tty.c                   tty_*.c
uipc_*.c                vfs_*.c                 vnode_if.{sh,src}

It's not clear to me, when thinking of introducing a new file (say, for
auditing support :), what I should name it.  Would it be kern_audit.c or
sys_audit.c?  Or, if it is POSIX.1e, would it go into a
/usr/src/sys/posix1e directory as the posix4 realtime stuff did (assuming
that support for additional features from that posix draft were going to
be forthcoming)?  Given the past discussion of how to ]fail to]
restructure the source tree, I assume this issue is non-trivial :).
style(9) doesn't appear to provide any pointers.

  Robert N Watson

rob...@fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/
PGP key fingerprint: 03 01 DD 8E 15 67 48 73  25 6D 10 FC EC 68 C1 1C

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
SafePort Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/