Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Chia-liang Kao
had to walk into mine and say: >

> I have problem with my newly bought D-link DFE530TX on my -current
> (which is very new).
>
> I have tested my NIC using the master/slave mode program came with my
> NIC with my room mate. And the results show the NIC work correctly.
>
> The most strange thing is that I can see the ethernet address of the
> other ip, see the following infomation. But I can't get the interface
> to work at all.

ARRRRGHHHH!!! I really don't want to get mad at you personally, but this
is really starting to annoy me. Virtually every time anybody reports a
problem, the only thing they ever say is "it doesn't work." WHAT DOESN'T
WORK EXACTLY!?! Describe the problem(s)!! Show us examples!! Show us
error messages!! Does it catch fire?! Does it spit pea soup at you and
speak in tongues?! Does it lie around the house all day and refuse to
cut its hair and get a job!? WHAT!!

You have not explained exactly what is going wrong. You have not
explained what it is that you're trying to do which isn't working.
You have not explained how you came to the conclusion that the card
"isn't working." Show us what happens if you type 'ping 192.168.100.1'.
Don't attempt to paraphrase the error messages: quote them exactly.
Does ping not illustrate the problem accurately? Fine: choose another
example and show us the results.

-Bill