I have a 4.0-current system which has been upgraded from 3.0-current...

I keep getting errors such as:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.5.2" not found

(There are numerous other ones for other libraries)... This stops anything
that's in '/etc/rc.d' from starting (e.g. Apache, Samba, Squid etc.)

If I manually run the /etc/rc.d/ contents after the machine has come up it all
works fine...

I'm guessing I've missed something - but I can't figure what? - As far as I
can see ldconfig has no config file on FreeBSd, and it's confusing me (doesn't
take much)... If I run 'ldconfig -elf -R -v' I get no output...

If I run 'ldconfig -aout -R -v' I get a stream of all the libraries it
found...

Any help gratefuly received (as always :-)

-Karl