Hi, if I load the vesa kld module from loader.rc, in order to
use a high-res splash screen, when X starts the screen is very dim.
Usually I start xdm from ttys, but its the same if I use startx.
The cursor looks normal, its really bright against the dim screen.
Its fine if I don't load vesa and use a 320x200 splash screen,
and if I do load it, the vesa modes work great; I can load
a 1024x768 splash image, its just when X starts.

I'm running 4.0-current as of about noon on Sunday,
Diamond Viper V330 pci video card (riva 128) on a pci motherboard (no agp).
I've also got a bt848 TV card, but I doubt that would affect it.
Not sure what else would be significant.

I imagine its something peculiar to my video card, the
console text used to be a gross yellow when I used vesa,
but that's been fixed.  I didn't want to send huge boot -v
or dmesg output to the list until I got some feedback.

Thanks