On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Thursday, 10 February 2000 at 23:28:14 -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone had a .gdbinit that one could use, in remote
> > debugging a kernel, that had a working kldstat in it?  I found one in
> > Greg's vinum directory, but it's a little broken here and there (although
> > much of it does work).  I want to invoke some of the ddb functions
> > remotely, and be able to look at the module status.
>
> The .gdbinit.kernel in the vinum directory *should* work.  If there's
> any problem with it, I'll try to fix it.  What's the problem?

When I try to do a kldstat, it tells me there's no file variable to set.

It's too late now, I gotta go, but if you wait until I get home tomorrow,
I'll give you the exact error.  I'm doing remote debugging into another
current box.  I really appreciate the work you went to, to create that
tool to begin with; it oughta be pointed to by some README, don't you
think?

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.