On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:31:43 PST, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I've not been able to play audio CDs ever since switching to the new ATA
> drivers. Soren tells me there are two different ways to encode commands to
> the drive, and no easy way to tell which one the drive expects :-(

Welcome to it.  This has been the case for me since the ata driver was
first introduced.  In my case, it's a cheap Creative labs piece of
rubbish which says ATAPI on the casing but doesn't fully comply with the
standard.

Of course, this _is_ audio CD's we're talking about.  Hardly
mission-critical for the kind of person who buys cheap Creative Labs
almost-ATAPI crap. ;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.