Hi all,

Possibly not the right place to ask about this, but I've been unable to
dig up any information about this elsewhere, so I figure it might be worth
a shot. This could be interesting for others on the list as well.

I've come across a rather nice looking motherboard from Abit, a BP6 to be
exact. The nice thing about this motherboard is that in addition to being
generally high quality, offering 4 IDE channels and so on, it will allow
you to use two Celeron processors in a SMP config, thus making the board
ideal for all those situations where you want to build a powerful box, but
just don't have the money for the real thing. This all assuming you can
get it to work in the first place, which leads me to my question.

I FreeBSD needs SMP boards to comply to the Intel MP specs to work, but
I've been unable to find out if this board does or not. I'm also not sure
if FreeBSD will run with dual Celerons, as the processors was not really
intended for SMP.

Anyone have any information to contribute?

Thanks,
Terje Elde
--
Jxqda WET squiqh yid'j jxu ijhedwuij shofje qlqybqrbu je VhuuRIT kiuhi.