What's your memory configuration and what's your kernel configuration?

    df
    dmesg
    cat /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/YOURKERNELCONFIG

    In general, the more information you include in the email, the easier
    it is on the list.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>
:
:I seem to be able to repeat this panic, every time I make a certain change
:to a file and save it out this happens. It's a NFS mounted file from my i386
:box to my alpha, both running pretty much current. It's the alpha that
:panics.
:
:Stopped at      Debugger..ng+0x24:      ldq     ra,0(sp)
:<0xfffffe00059e7bc0>   <ra=0xfffffc00004185d8,sp=0xfffffe00059e7bc0>
:db> t
:Debugger..ng() at Debugger..ng+0x24
:panic..ng() at panic..ng+0xf0
:zerror..ng() at zerror..ng+0x6c