I think you are missing the point.  We will not chuck the old
wd* driver until people have crashed all MFM, RLL, ESDI and !ATA
IDE drives.

So we WANT to be able to tell the difference...

Poul-Henning

In message <pine.lnx.4.04.9903170447220.17718-100...@feral-gw>, Matthew Jacob w
rites:

>I asked Soren just this kind of question, and he declined to answer. I
>doan geddit...
>
>On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, David O'Brien wrote:
>
>> > Boot from an ata disk on major# 30, device name "ad", plain and simple.
>>
>> Does this mean ata disks won't come under CAM/da ?
>> If not, can we PLEASE rename SCSI disks back to ``sd''?
>>
>> --
>> -- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

p...@freebsd.org               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!