>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:00:17 -0500 (EST)
>From: "David H. Brierley" <d...@galaxia.com>

>On any machine which allows general users to log in, I strongly
>recommend making separate file systems for /, /usr, /tmp, and /home,

I'll merely point out (since the relevance to -current, per se, is
minimal at this point) that there was a recent thread on
sage-memb...@usenix.org on how/whether to split up disks into separate
filesystems.

And mention that folks how are concerned with such issues might find
that SAGE and USENIX may well be resources worth checking out.  (Domain
is usenix.org; I expect y'all can take Web & majordomo queries from
there.)

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill         UNIX System Administrator
d...@whistle.com                voice: (650) 577-7158   pager: (650) 371-4621