as the subject says, i recently noticed that the 'de' driver on 3.1
machines seems not to update regularly the Opkt field as shown
by netstat. I have seen this in two different ways; on a de-only
machine, the count seems to be updated every few seconds (i.e. i see
two-three times the same count doing a netstat despite i am connected
via telnet so the fact that i see a response means i have at least
one more pkt out). on another machine (dual homed, ed+de, running
a multicast router) all
the counters for the 'de' driver seem stuck and i can only get them to
increase by running some savage ping e.g.

        ping -s 1000 myfriend

Any ideas ?

I have another 2.2.7 machine with the 'de' driver and mrouter online
and counters seem to work fine there...

        luigi