--- Begin Message ---
I have just merged the recent modifications to the kernel support
for NTPD from -current to -stable.

We now fully support both XNTPD version 3 (as in usr/src/usr.sbin)
and NTPD version 4 in both -current & -stable.

In fact, we not only support it, we define state of the art
performance when using the pci/xrpu.c driver.

We have only adopted the PLL/FLL section of Dave Mills "nanokernel",
the rest of the stuff is still "timecounter" based.

We have PPS-API support on the parallel port and on the pci/xrpu.c
driver, John Hay has submitted patches to me for PPS-API support
on sio.c (DCD) these will be committed to -current once I have them
tested.

I may experient a bit with hardpps() in -current if I can find the
time, but these experiments will not be reflected in -stable until
some kind of conclusion has been reached.  The issue at hand is if
a "normal" 2nd order PLL would do better for precise-phase hardpps()
signals ("prefer peers") Anyone out there with hardpps() able
refclocks are invited to join in on these experients.

If you want to try out the pci/xrpu.c timestamping function, send
me email, I have not committed the VHDL & stuff to the tree yet.

Hope you like it...

p...@freebsd.org               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!

--- End Message ---