<<On Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:46:38 +0930, Ian West <i...@apdata.com.au> said:

> Thanks for the response, there isn't per chance an option to turn this
> on is there ?

The way programs are executed (by intention) does not run through the
code path which would touch the access time.  The POSIX.1
specification, IIRC, requires that the atime be updated when the
program exits -- this would be very inefficient to do in our VM
system.

-GAWollman

woll...@lcs.mit.edu  | O Siem / The fires of freedom