Why are we installing a hosts.allow with live entries in it?  Why are
we allowing the people at mydomain.com (MyInternet Services in
Seattle) access to sendmail, while blocking the currently-non-existant
d00d.org and spamnest.org from various services?

I think it would make sense to have "sample" entries commented out
(the addition of ALL : ALL : allow  at the top is not quite the same).
It may also make sense to use reserved domains like example.com.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
ch...@netmonger.net        i...@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/