On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:

> When Satoshi builds stuff, it's in a real clean environment, but in
> fact, all the gnome and kde ports are extraordinarly sensitive to
> stuff from older ports hanging around.  That's why folks are wary of
> upgrading those guys.

That's news to me.  Perhaps the ports are poorly designed or whathaveyou,
but I can't imagine what "older ports" the kde ports are so sensitive to.
Then of course, I tend to install from the CVS tree into /usr/local/kde...

> The gnome stuff is really neat, else I'd never even bother.

Yup.  Nothing like a load of core dumps in your home directory to make
one's day :)

- alex