On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

> I've only heard back from 4 folks about adding EGCS's g77 to the base
> system -- all 4 said "yes".  Unless I get more feedback, I will add g77
> to the base system this weekend.

Personally, yes, lets do it.  In fact, I'd like to hear serious
discussion, now that libgcj is available, of making gcj (a part of egcs)
also get installed.  Java is extremely popular, and libgcj is going to
increase that a great deal.

Yeah, I'm serious, I would really like gcj+libgcj, to get java stuff
compiled (non portably) into binaries on FreeBSD.

> --
> -- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)

chu...@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).