After the last lot of CAM changes, I occasionally get processes hanging
attempting to access my QIC-525 tape drive. They can't be killed, so doing
backups can be a mite troublesome. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
There seems to be some relation to how recently the last lot of tape activity
was (althought this is rather tenuous).

        Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California