I see there has been some discussions around building world.  I may have
missed or forgotten something, or even not read the right README. Also
seen some captured text of builds and where they fail.  In
gnu/usr.bin/cc mine fails as well, but complains of a missing
`hconfig.h`, which in turn causes a screenfull of errrors.  Two days ago
I cvsup'ed the complete /src.  After a few attempts it's been building
fine at least once a day till this missing header.

Cheers,
Dana_H