>In message <19990412175644.7de5f1...@spinner.netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm writes
>:
>:   to being able to use their drivers with less hassles.  (There will be
>:   enough fun due to differences in bus_space and bus_dma, but that's
>:   another issue)
>
>I know that many people would like to see bus_space and bus_dma
>reimported from NetBSD.  As far as I know, there is no compelling
>reason to have them be different.

For bus_space, no.  For bus_dma, there are some reasons for them
to be different in one area: the callback mechanism for returning
a valid dma mapping.  The rest of the differences are primarily
from the fact that NetBSD has enhanced or modified their interfaces
since my original work and I haven't found the time to sync us back
up.

--
Justin