from my understanding, the biggest difference is that New-bus
is being designed to eventually delegate 'config' to a very minor role
where newconfig (as it's name suggests' maintains 'config' a s a major
component.. It has been a long standing goal of FreeBSD to make the system
as dynamic as possible. My personal goal is to see it more dynamically
configurable than NT with all it's DLLs.

julian