> All I'm saying (I think) is that we shouldn't allow the 4.0 release cycle
> to stretch out to 2 years like the 3.0 cycle did (discounting 3.0 as a
> beta release).

No argument there - the current schedule is 12 months for 4.0.  2
years far too long and merely the result of unforseen delays and more
than a little paralysis over the issue. This caused a lot of
soul-searching in core over our development practices, hopefully
enough that we won't repeat that particular painful experience.

- Jordan