I've heard of no one trying, but I (we!) would love to hear whether you
get this to work.

There is not problem is using two keyboards at the same time, but I am
not sure whether X can already handle more than one keyboard attached to
a system. I don't think that you can specify the keyboard /dev/ entry
int he X configuration.

Try looking at the XFree pages. I remember someone asking me whether
this would be possible soon in FreeBSD because they were working on
support for multiple keyboards.

Nick