Dom Mitchell wrote:

> As for making ps totally proc aware, I'm not totally sure that's the way
> to go.  I shall have to have a look through the archives though; I've a
> feeling that this has been discussed before...

DCS, The Archive Man, comes to your help.

If you make ps procfs dependent, you won't be able to use it on core
dumps.

That's different from making procfs complete enough to support a ps.
Against that there is a general Linuxism/Kitchen-Sink feeling.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
d...@newsguy.com

        "Well, Windows works, using a loose definition of 'works'..."