> With the current sources, there seems to be a problem with the Adaptec
> 2940U2W driver when using USB.

This isn't likely to be related to the 2940 per se.

Check your BIOS settings related to USB; make sure you have it properly
turned on and have an interrupt allocated to the USB port.  Try turning
it off, etc.

Can we have some more verbose boot messages?  Specifically, interrupt
details for the USB port as well as the 2940.

\\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  m...@smith.net.au
\\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msm...@freebsd.org
\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msm...@cdrom.com