Apparently , some linux folks are having the same problem and I think that
the issue is that ViaVoice was compiled with RedHat 6.0 so after
trying out different linux libraries and having no success over here
with ViaVoice sample applications except for audiog I am going
to wait till IBM sorts the linking problem out.
If anyone is interested on the current linux discussion
highlighting the  linking problems feel free to visit:

http://viavoice.sparklist.com/

> On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 03:51:21PM -0700, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> > After playing a little more with ViaVoice, I can't seem to load the sample
> > binaries the come back with :
> >
> > ./hello
> > ./hello: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libsmapi.so: undefined symbol: __bzero
> >

> > objdump --dynamic-syms /compat/linux/usr/lib/libsmapi.so | grep bzero
> > DYNAMIC SYMBOL TABLE:
> > 00000000               DF *UND*  00000035 __bzero
> > 00000000   w         DF *UND*  00000035 bzero
> >
> > Does anyone know what the difference is between symbol
> > type "" and "w"?
>
> No, but I have the same problem.  But for anyone else who can't even
> get this far.. I needed to install the "ldconfig-1.9.5-15.i386.rpm"
> RPM.
>
> Annoyingly, the "Audio Setup Guru" works.  So close..
> --
> Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
> ch...@netmonger.net        i...@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net
>
> Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/

 Amancio Hasty
 ha...@star-gate.com