On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:21:31 -0700, Chris Wasser wrote:

>> Downloading an 128 MB-file from the network to /dev/null results in speeds
>> like 9.8 MB/s (close to the theoretical maximum for a 100 Mbps network)
>
>The theoretical maximum for 100BaseT-FDX (which is 200Mbps) is 25MB/s
>(megabytes per second), 100BaseT-TX is 12MB/s [FYI: Mbps->MB/s you divide
>by 8] I realize my punctuation may be off, but there you are.

No, it is not. It is 100Mbps upstream and 100Mbps downstream. You cannot get
200Mbps in one direction. FDX (Full Duplex) simply means that the RX and TX
cables are used simultaneous. Due to the small ethernet frame size, it is
next to impossible to get the full speed for data transmission.
--
Dieter Rothacker