On Sat, 8 May 1999, Chris Costello wrote:

>    Somewhere in the mbuf code, either mbuf_Alloc or mbuf_Prepend,
> there is code that causes ppp to assign a particular mbuf
> structure pointer to a null pointer, causing ppp to dump core.
> Contrary to somebody else's email to this list, it is, in fact, a
> problem affecting any authentication method.

Are you talking about user-space ppp?  mine is from a 24 hour old
buildworld, and humming along fine.  Maybe I'm not using one of the
features you use?  I use pap, could that be it?

To be honest, in the last month or so, I've noticed distinctly greater
stability to ppp.  Haven't any notion why that is, but I'm sure pleased
with it.

chu...@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).