> Cc: curr...@freebsd.org
> Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 22:14:56 +0200
> From: Mark Murray <m...@grondar.za>
>
> "Jonathan M. Bresler" wrote:
> >     with volunteers, we could moderate the list(s). mail transfer
> > would be slower as we wait for the moderator(s) to approve each piece
> > of email.  if we use more than one moderator per list, the
> > time-sequence of email would be lost....we would get some very
> > strange threads...could be enteraining.
>
> Have you ever considered only allowing list members to post, or are
> there difficulties that make this impossible?

        yes...i have.  that policy may be appropriate for some of the
lists, but it is certainly not appropriate for -questions, -newbies
and some others.  a person could subscribe and then spam.  not likely
but possible.

> > couple messages. i do not believe it is worthwhile ot moderate the
> > lists.
>
> Do you have any stats of "accepted mail" vs "rejected mail" vs SPAM?

        used to keep track, but lost interest...didnt seem to be much
information there.  spam seems to come in waves.  these days, for the
freebsd-mailing lists at least, sems to be more like ripples ;)

jmb