On Wed, 12 May 1999 14:35:54 +0200, Geoff Rehmet wrote:

> I'm currently running into a problem, that when I start my system,
> it spontaneously reboots when starting X.  Has anyone else run into
> this?

Hi Geoff,

I notice you've had a lot of responses confirming similar problems with
recent kernels, so I thought the following might be useful to you.

I used sources supped around 07H00 GMT 12/05/99 and have not seen the
problem you describe. Therefore, you'll probably need to provide more
details on your kernel configuration. You may also want to look for
clues in /etc/messages and .xsession-errors etc.

Perhaps you'll be able to find something that you have in common with
the other folks having hassles.

Later,
Sheldon.