        Doug Rabson <d...@nlsystems.com> said:

> I would like to postpone until after Usenix. I'm sure that we will be able
> to sort out any technical misunderstandings there which will make it
> possible to have a reasonable public discussion.

OK, I'll postpone, then.

Julian, Daniel, and other folks, is this OK for you?
If you'd like to hear the answer now, please request us that we should
reply to your question.
We'll reply to you in newconfig mailing list
(i.e. "To: you, Cc: newconfig") to avoid useless flame war.

Note that the newconfig mailing list is truly open, anyone who is
interested in newconfig approach can access the answer.
The address of mailing list:
        newcon...@jp.freebsd.org
The official WWW page:
        http://www.jp.freebsd.org/newconfig/
The way to subscribe (majordomo):
        http://www.jp.freebsd.org/newconfig/ml.html
The mail archive of newconfig:
        http://home.jp.freebsd.org/mail-list/newconfig/
The mail archive of newconfig-jp (written in Japanese):
        http://home.jp.freebsd.org/mail-list/newconfig-jp/index.html.ja.jis
(The traffic of newconfig mailing list is not much, because main discussion
 is currently done in newconfig-jp.)

And, Dainel, I'm very sorry that one of us called your serious
question joke. I know your question is serious, because what you said
is also the goal for me from the beginning of dynamic configuration of
newconfig.  Perhaps we should answer to you in newconfig mailing list
("To: you, cc: newconfig). Is this OK for you?
We have answer which satisfy your requirement.
--
soda