On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 04:33:12AM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Hi, on a -current from around a week ago `zzz' always managed to crash
> my machine.  The relevant parts from the panic and the backtrace are
> included below.
>
> It seems that the cause of this was a stray interrupt was arriving
> after having unloaded the driver.  For some reason it wasn't handled
> by isa_strayintr, and the reason for that was that inthand_remove
> didn't manage to remove the interrupt (and get it replaced by the
> stray function) correctly.  After applying the patch at the end of
> this mail I can once again sleep my laptop succesfully.

Wow.  I think that's actually done the trick.  Not only can I suspend,
but I can now remove my 3C589 without a panic.

... well, I just managed to lock up the machine.. but I think that was
from a missed remove event.  I must have lost that polling patch
somewhere along the way.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
ch...@netmonger.net        i...@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/