On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Robert Watson wrote:
>
> > path, we should consider moving a few of the things in /sbin and /usr/sbin
> > into /bin and /usr/bin respectively.  For example, md5 is sufficiently
> > useful for all users that having it in the default user path would be a
> > good idea.  Ping is also a common ``where's that'' among my users, etc.
> > Neither of these requires privilege, and both are useful for generic
> > users.  There are probably a couple of others that fall into that
> > category.
>
> ping, md5 and nslookup are the ones I'm always having to retype when I use
> a machine with the default user path. I've suggested md5 be moved in the
> past, but perhaps right now isn't the best time to do this.

apm and zzz are a couple more for the list in /usr/sbin that is
potentially useful for more than just root.  vidcontrol probably also
falls in that category--things that make sense for console users who may
not be administrators.

  Robert N M Watson

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.watson.org/~robert/