I've got an egcs related question here.  If it wasn't for the linking,
this would be a ports question, but bear with me, you'll see.

Anyhow, I was trying to get sp to work, as I continue checking into xml
and xsl, so I used the /usr/ports/textproc/sp port.  It dies in several
places, because it's unable to find the symbol "set_new_handler".  This
guy is defined in new.h (which points towards "new", which has the very
simple code for it).  The problem is, the code for it is stuffed into
libgcc.a.

I thought libgcc was being deprecated, isn't that so?  That only
libstdc++ was going to be needed?  This is a pretty well needed
function, so I'm somewhat confused, and hope that some other C++ expert
can explain what's happening under egcs these days, with respect to
libgcc.

chu...@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).