On Fri, 21 May 2010, Erik Cederstrand wrote:

Den 12/05/2010 kl. 22.44 skrev Jeff Roberson:

I think Peter Holm also saw this once while we were testing SUJ and reproduced
~30 second hangs with stock sources.  At this point we need to brainstorm ideas
for adding debugging instrumentation and come up with the quickest possible
repro.

FWIW, I get this LOR on a ClangBSD virtual machine running the stess2 test
suite.

I can reproduce the LOR reliably like this:

# cd stress2
#./run.sh lockf.cfg
- press ctrl-C
- another LOR is triggered by the ctrl-C (a dirhash/bufwait LOR described in
kern/137852)
# ./run.sh mkdir.cfg
- LOR is triggered immediately

Erik

The LOR is actually safe. I need to bless the acquisition. We have always acquired the buffers in this order.

The deadlocks people were seeing were actually livelocks due to softdepflush looping indefinitely. I have committed a fix for that.

Thanks,
Jeff