> Will Andrews wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:42:22PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > > Do you have any plans to make XFree86-devel port of it? This let us to test
> > > it and refine before XF-4.0 will be released.
> >
> > I already made one. However, since XFree86 4.0's release is impending
> > within the next three or four weeks (as per xfree86.org), I've left it on
> > my website for those daring enough to try it out.
> >
> >         http://www.psn.net/~andrews/XFree86-beta.tar.gz
>
> Thanks for pointing. What is your opinion about it (stability, compatability,
> performance etc)?

One compatability problem would seem to be lack of support for the
Number Nine I128 board, previously supported in 3.3.*.  This is very
disappointing, as I've got to use that board to drive my SGI
1600x1200 LCD display..  I guess I'll be using 3.3.6 a bit longer on
that machine :-(

I'd love to be proved wrong, but the release notes for the snapshots
have been pretty silent on support for this board.

louie