Am 06.07.2010, 21:00 Uhr, schrieb Matthew Seaman:

On 06/07/2010 15:14:28, Andrew Reilly wrote:
So: how should I "fix" this, properly, on my -current system? Is it
as simple as installing heimdal from ports? I can't remove openssl-1.0:
that has 191 ports listed in its REQUIRED_BY file.

Rebuild the port of openssl-1.0.0 after modifying the OPTIONS to include
MD2=on ?

Not good given that MD2 is broken. Very broken, not just by a factor of 2^5 or something.

Where upon rests the earlier assertion (not by Matthew) that Kerberos V needed MD2 checksums? I can't seem to find that in the KRB5 protocol and checksum RFCs. If it's not mandatory we may want to nuke MD2 from Kerberos to remedy a weakness... Chapter and Verse welcome.

Thanks.

--
Matthias Andree