Em 2010.08.04. 20:06, Xin LI escreveu:
I'm able to reproduce the GNU behavior on 9.0-CURRENT which is IMO right.

I think we need to break at the line end to provide better interactivity
(the current code seems to do it (buffer is not full&&  !eof), while
what we wanted is (buffer is not full&&  !eof&&  !eol).

The attached patch should fix this but I have not yet thoroughly tested
it due to job work.

I think the patch may break binary detection. That buffer is not a general buffer but filled in only once with the first n bytes of the file to check if the file is binary. If you stop after the first line, only the first line will be used for binary checking. I'll look at this problem soon.

Gabor