> > (By the way, this is local addr here, and please not use
> > exactly same prefix at another place. :-)
>
> Yes, I am using site-local addresses like "fec0::9ee3:6b4", where I
> am coding the IPv4 address in the lower 32 bits, and I am using
> a prefixlen=120.

I think there have been not much experiences in using non 64
prefixlen for IPv6 on LAN, so there might be some problem
hidden behind the usage, or maybe not.

> Just wondering: is the "alias" necessary? I can add a site-local IPv6
> address to the same interface without the "alias" ifconfig keyword.

Yes, alias is not necessary for IPv6.

> If this
> is valid, then something as
> ifconfig_fxp0="inet 158.227.6.180 netmask 255.255.255.0 inet6 fec0::9ee3:6b4
>prefixlen 120"
> should be OK.

But above config does not seems work here.

I think

 ifconfig_ifname_aliasnum

is just necessary for configuring multiple addrs for one
interface purpose.

Cheers,
Yoshinobu Inoue