On 14.09.2010 18:08, Fabien Thomas wrote:

On 14 sept. 2010, at 17:41, Andre Oppermann wrote:

On 14.09.2010 11:18, Fabien Thomas wrote:
Great,

This will maybe kill the long time debate about "my loopback is slow vs linux"
To have the best of both world what about a socket option to enable/disable
fusing:
can be useful when you need to see some connection "packetized".

A sysctl to that effect is already in the patch.
yes, i'm just wondering on a per connection setting.

I've devised a way to prevent socket fusing when bpf is enabled on
the interface the loopback came from.  So I'm leaning against adding
another obscure and non-portable socket option.

--
Andre