On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Joshua Neal wrote:

I hit this bug at one point, and had to bump MEMSTAT_MAXCPU. It's already asking the kernel for the max number and throwing an error if it doesn't agree:

Yes, it looks like MAXCPU was bumped in the kernel without bumping the limit in libmemstat. The bug could be in not having a comment by the definition of MAXCPU saying that MEMSTAT_MAXCPU needs to be modified as well.

I was thinking a more future-proof fix would be to get rid of the static allocations and allocate the library's internal structures based on the value of kern.smp.maxcpus.

Agreed. I'm fairly preoccupied currently, but would be happy to accept patches :-).

Robert

- Joshua