Try recompiling the module and load it to see whether or not the
module has been broken in your recent CURRENT update.
Thanks!

I think fuse has many problems. I locks when being used by gvfs-fuse-daemon (which I may say is very useful as it avoids the task of manually mounting remote network places when using a non gio-aware application). I tried it with both stable and current, and both i386 and amd64. No luck.

Is there any plan to port puffs to freebsd ? I read there was a google summer of code in 2009 to port it, but I'm unable to obtain any info.

   Best regards,

   Gus