> You know people, it's quite sad that those with knowledge simply refuse
> to answer simple questions without "RTFM" attitudes and indirect (and

What you and others don't seem to understand is that there are also
"minimum responsibilities" that have been established for users of our
non-mainstream branches.  Those minimums are published in the Handbook
and other documents and have been established in order to ensure that
the developers don't spend more time answering the same questions over
and over in email than they do in actually writing code and improving
FreeBSD in various ways.  Such a thing would be bad for everyone and
so a number of people, including myself, take it upon ourselves to
drive the right behavior by not simply answering "needless" questions
and thus encouraging the querants, in their initial success, to follow
those questions up with more.  One of the requirements for running
-current vs one of our mainstream releases is that people read this
mailing list, for example, and that's a necessary requirement because
we'd otherwise have to "announce" the same issues in -current over and
over again for each person to run across some transitional thing.

The -current branch is NOT intended for the average Joe, it's very
directly aimed at developers and developers have to deal with the idea
of minimum effective requirements every day so this shouldn't come as
a shock to anyone either.  If it does, you're in the wrong place and
should go back to a mainstream release of FreeBSD with all due haste.

- Jordan